Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day 7

I am sure that God declared that we should rest on the 7th day, today was my 7th day back at work. I didn't exactly rest but I did take a long lunch, spend much of the afternoon clock watching and leave early . I just could not get my brain in gear, I hope that it will be back up to speed again soon. Perhaps I have had too much time in the sun the last 6 months..... my hair is blonder.....what if my brain is more blonde too?

By the end of the day I was weary and confused, on the way home I spun around the supermarket collecting a basket of food that would not make dinner and then I carried it all the way home, gradually lightening the load by eating the big bar of chocolate that was on special. I felt better about not being able to concentrate at work or shop properly.

When I got home I was half way through unpacking when I heard Heather next door come out for a cigarette, I went out to say Hi and we ended up spending the evening chatting over a bottle of wine. Once we had put the world to rights and said hello to half the neighbourhood cats we called it a night and I came home to make my dinner. With the added creative inspiration of a few glasses of fine NZ Sauvignon Blanc my random shopping became dinner, a very tasty Brie and tomato sandwich with the remainder of the chocolate for dessert.

I'm now ready for that rest.

No comments: