Last Wednesday we moved again. Not such a dramatic shift as last time, this time we have just gathered up most of our belongings and moved them to the house next door. To add a bit of fun to the occasion we actually swapped house with our neighbor (who doubles as our landlord). Mostly it worked out, my mattress made the trip between the houses a couple of times as over keen helpers got confused about who owned it.
I had to take a back seat for the whole affair as I am nursing an injured foot and have been for almost 8 weeks (My excuse for not blogging). The cause of my pain remains a mystery, a stress fracture is the most likely cause but unlike a normal fracture these stress ones hide from X-rays so detection is by the much more exciting sounding bone scan.
This involves an injection of what I was assured was a tiny amount of radioactive tracer and then a series of scans by an impressive looking machine about 3 hours later. The end result should be a fuzzy picture of the bones in my foot with extra fuzziness at any broken parts. The extra fuzziness is actually showing healing which feels to me like a more positive picture than the traditional X-ray.
A call from the doctor’s surgery summoning me for an appointment this week means the results are in. I can hardly wait as I still hold the naive belief that once we know what’s wrong with my foot there will be some treatment to fix it. That is, something other than resting which is getting a little dull.
However today is not a day for lamenting, once again it’s my birthday, with all the fuss last week it took me by surprise, I thought I had another week before having to face up to being a little bit older without gaining any wisdom. I’ve had the bonus of collecting mail from 3 letterboxes, old house, new house and the PO Box we have in town. So far my card/present count is even with Pete who has another week before his birthday. Come on people, late cards still count in this competition - email me and I’ll send you my address!
The Assisted Dying Dilemma
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment