Thursday, May 08, 2008

Expanding my presence on the web

An idea that came as a glancing blow and now its too late. I have joined up to all manner of things. If you know where to look today you can find me in a fair few places.

For most this is my first appearance. Since I’ve only just arrived there is still some work to do, profiles and the like to set up. I’ll get around to it, right after I get around to unpacking my real things at home.

Overnight I reconnected with old friends and found a new window to ones I already speak to. I have learnt that Facebook is hungry for my time and attention, it consumed half a day before I regained controls of myself. I don’t quite know what I have done as my profile is still bare and I haven’t even written on a wall. I don’t know what to say and I wonder about who may be watching.

Some friends are glad to finally see me there, it will, no doubt relieve them of guilt from not contacting me directly, and likewise my guilt is also lifted. What interests me most is the ex-friend(s) who through mutual acquaintance feel it is suddenly reasonable to request a statement of our friendship. Yes, I know them but back in the real world debts remain unpaid and trust still broken. When they have had so long and so many means of repairing our friendship but done nothing what makes them think facebook is the way to begin? They have requested to add me to their network of friends, another chalk mark for them but their invites only remind me of what has been lost.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

You won't be hearing from me direct until I've been to the gym (as per our agreement) but I have booked another 4 rounds of physio.

Meanwhile, you won't find Dyl on facebook as he's not into sharing his life with the internet masses which for me is a different story as I twitter to my tweets and facebook my friends and gmail my gals. The downside is that sometimes I think I have internet ADHA.

Anonymous said...

I tried blogging once - really enjoyed it, and my friends in the UK loved it. But then my computer broke, my husband was always away with his and I got out of the habit.

Now I am just too lazy!