This afternoon I burnt my half-marathon training plan. Let's call it closure.
That was after I had been for a run. I didn’t wear a watch or plan the route I just stepped out the door and ran. About 35 to 45 minutes, or possibly only 25 minutes, later I arrived back at the door a little tired and a lot warmer. It was satisfying. Whatever part of my will that broke last weekend has recovered. If that is what running is going to be like outside a half marathon program then I’ll probably go again.
Will I run another half-marathon? Not at the moment. I do have unfinished business at that distance but I’m choosing to focus on something else for now.
That something has yet to be defined but in the short term getting out on the road bike and mountain bike are high on the list. Variety will be my motivation.
I need to exercise, my winter running may have improved fitness and prevented hibernation but I’ve retained most of the excess baggage. Bulges can not be attributed to multi layers of jumpers once summer takes hold. I hope the spring will shift my appetite from carbo rich comfort food to crisp salads. I’m investing heavily in this theory and have planted a lettuce patch, nurturing waves of green to feed the anticipated demand.
The Assisted Dying Dilemma
1 year ago
1 comment:
Hey, I was counting on us running one together the weekend before your wedding as part of hen night activities.
(OK, only kidding but am sure you will run another . . . ).
Post a Comment