Monday, January 29, 2007

Run and Float

Clare and I have been running, 4 times a week since well before Christmas. We have a goal in mind and are progressing steadily towards that, however some days are just more difficult than others and you need a little something to motivate you to pick up the pace or even just to get out the door.

Since summer arrived it has been tougher on me, its just too hot to go running. I have bought super lightweight running clothes, the next step would be to run naked and that would be good for no-one. On one run after a brief rainshower Clare took to running under low branches to knock rain from the leaves onto her head, this may have worked for her but left me trying to run and laugh at the same time.

Usually I feel hottest when we stop running, last Sunday morning I was redder than my usual traffic light face and too hot. Salvation came when we made it back to the house, after throwing our trainers over the gate into the garden we headed for the river that runs past the side of the house and then out to sea. Jumping in we were quickly refreshed and cooled in one. We floated with the current out along the estuary to the end of the sandspit, got out and walked back up the beach to the house. I think I could get to like summer running.

No comments: