Before breakfast I attacked one of my hat collection with the kitchen scissors and modeled my creation for Pete. He made a fair but uncomplimentary comment and left.
Before investing any more effort I did some rigorous comfort testing. (Wearing the hat while pottering around the house.) I deemed the prototype a success when I almost went to my physio appointment still wearing it. Thank God for a vain glance in the mirror.
This afternoon I dusted off the sewing machine and refined my creation.

I now present to you...
The Visor.

I concede that my standard of finish in not quite up to that of the Asian sweatshop workers employed by major sportswear brands. But I’ll take full marks for functionally. This stylish addition to my running attire will keep the sun off while now allowing my head to breathe.
I have 3 more white caps available for customisation if anyone is interested…
3 comments:
I was going to say something about how good it looks and mention that I did suggest this, even if you had already thought of it. But then I saw the photo of your sewing machine and that's the best bit. It's beautiful! Well done, all round.
Apologies Gavin for not crediting you with the suggestion of modifying one of my collection. I hope you like what I have done with it :)
Very funny. I hope you meant this to be funny . . . . hope also that it doesn't rub your ears on Sunday.
Post a Comment